Saturday 9 January 2010

Introduction

I am starting a blog for a number of different reasons. I always used to have a diary (at school it was the source of a banana fight) However in 2009 the book I bought didn't get filled in, in fact there were only a few sporadic poems, but nothing like what I used to wite when I was 15 for example. So my 2010 resolution is this blog. Anyways, as of yet I'm not sure of what it is going to be about, I must admit I am drawing upon my friends ideas as I am lacking inspriation on this snowy saturday morning. So do excuse me if I ramble and tangent in a Lawrence Sterne / Virginia Woolf style.

So the name for the blog - Extrovert Interaction. Personally I just think it sounds cool, and it has a sort of see-saw sound when you say it, but not only that, it will hopefully describe this blog, and me aswell. Extrovert is a word that people often misuse. I actually found a definition of it that I found quite interesting, and gave me an idea for a story.

So the other day I went to see my lecturer about an essay I had handed in. It was shit. I flicked through it and read all the depressing comments "this is pure description, no analysis" "You have to do this properly" "This is poor in a number of ways" "I can't believe I am recieving this from a second year student" ect ect ect. I was pretty sad as uni has been going less than smoothly this academic year (although on the plus side I did pass my first year with decent grades and no retakes). But this definition for the word extrovert did actually throw some light onto the situation. I always used to be good at writing essays, but that particular book just didn't inspire me. After I had made up some passable excuses to my lecturer and apologised for my crap work he said to me. "You're such a strong contributor in class, I was expecting something sparkling from you.... (deep sigh) and then I got this." I was thinking about that, and thought my extrovert personality could hold the answer.

Now if you read the full definition for extrovert you will see what I mean, however if you are anything like as lazy as me I don't expect you to. So here's a brief breakdown for you.

"Extroverts like to interact with the external world. Extroverts are energised by being around other people, where as introverts are energised by being alone. Extroverts may "fade" without other people around, and become easily bored."

That is so me. Perhaps thats why the people in class who don't say anything get top marks for their essays. Perhaps that is why when it is only me and my computer I lack inspiration and motivation to write good essays. Perhaps that is why as soon as I have done my essay I don't bother checking it through and run off to find someone to play with. Probably...

I think you may now have a little idea about what I'm like. I wanted to post something humourous I found yesterday when I logged into my bebo account for the first time in about three years. Isn't it funny how people use facebook now and bebo isn't really moving and shaking anymore. Too much time on facebook could also be another contributor to my bad marks at school, but i'll save that for another day. The reason I found my bebo descriptions hilarious is because there is no way in hell i would have put that stuff on facebook, however I'll leave it here for you to gander through. Hope u enjoyed and please comment boys and girls.

Ok in the interest of making this blog as real as possible, I won't edit that top section. I can't paste my Bebo page here. However, if you want to read what i wrote my name on bebo is

"ilikerunningbarefootongravel"

X

No comments:

Post a Comment